Parenting consciously means requires us to grow, learn, and try on new ideas. One of the best ways to be exposed to ideas is through books. Below are books written by others as well as books I’ve authored.
Books for parents
- The Conscious Parent by Dr. Shefali Tsabary
- Everyday Blessings: The Inner Work of Mindful Parenting by Myla and Jon Kabat-Zinn
- Unconditional Parenting: Moving from Rewards and Punishments to Love and Reason (CD version) by Alfie Kohn
- Simplicity Parenting: Using the Extraordinary Power of Less to Raise Calmer, Happier, and More Secure Kids by Kim John Payne and Lisa M Ross
- The Whole-Brain Child: 12 Revolutionary Strategies to Nurture Your Child’s Developing Mind by Daniel J. Siegel and Tina Payne Bryson
- Heart-to-Heart Parenting by Robin Grille
- Radical Parenting: Seven Steps to a Functional Family in a Dysfunctional World by Brad Blanton
- Consciously Parenting: What it Really Takes to Raise Emotionally Healthy Families by Rebecca Thompson Hitt
- Respectful Parents Respectful Kids: 7 Keys to Turn Family Conflict into Cooperation by Sura Hart and Victoria Kindle Hodson
- Playful Parenting by Lawrence J. Cohen
- The Natural Child: Parenting from the Heart by Jan Hunt
- Verbal First Aid: Help Your Kids Heal from Fear and Pain–and Come Out Strong by Judith Simon Prager and Judith Acosta
- Raising Children Compassionately: Parenting the Nonviolent Communication Way by Marshall B. Rosenberg
- The Continuum Concept: In Search Of Happiness Lost by Jean Liedloff
- The Dadly Way: 10 Steps to More Active Fatherhood and Equal Parenting by Josh Misner and Hogan Hilling
Books for women
- The Dark Side of the Light Chasers by Deborah Ford
- The Gifts of Imperfection: Let Go of Who You Think You’re Supposed to Be and Embrace Who You Are by Brene Brown
- The Four Agreements by Don Miguel Ruiz
- Curse of the Good Girl: The Curse of the Good Girl: Raising Authentic Girls with Courage and Confidence by Rachel Simmons
- The Biology of Belief: Unleashing the Power of Consciousness, Matter, & Miracles by Bruce H. Lipton
- Feel the Fear . . . and Do It Anyway by Susan Jeffers
- Nonviolent Communication: A Language of Life by Marshall B. Rosenberg
- Your Daughter’s Bedroom: Insights for Raising Confident Women by Joyce T. McFadden
- The Tapping Solution: A Revolutionary System for Stress-Free Living by Nick Ortner
Live the Life You’ve Imagined: 100 Practical Strategies for Creating Your Ideal Life
This inspirational and practical manual is filled with one hundred concepts grouped into ten themed, easy to read chapters. Each chapter includes self-study exercises.
Retail price $11.95+shipping. ISBN: 978-1-4116-6455-5.
You may also buy the book directly from Amazon.com for just $9.95 with free shipping (Amazon Prime).
I Do! I Do! The Marriage Vow Workbook
This workbook, which I coauthored with my husband, Bruce Mulkey, is an inspirational resource for creating compelling vows for your marriage, civil union, commitment or recommitment. This workbook will help you craft vows that will serve you not only during the ceremony itself but throughout your lives together.
This immediate download is just $4.99. Buy now!
Retail price $24.95 but now just $14.97 +shipping. ISBN-10: 1-84728-038-2 and ISBN-13: 978-1-84728-038-1. You may also buy the book directly from Amazon.com for $15.95 with free shipping (Amazon Prime)